Cable Ampacity Workshop and CYMCAP Forum
The registration period is now over.
In conjunction with the CIGRÉ conference in Paris, France, next August, Cooper Power Systems is inviting its CYMCAP community of users and all professionals dealing with cable ampacity ratings to a one-day event featuring a seminar on special modeling issues regarding cable ampacity ratings and a CYMCAP User Forum open to current and future users of CYMCAP.
August 28, 2012
40 Av Friedland
75008 Paris, France
Hotel web site: www.hotelnapoleon.com
US $ 350.
See the registration form below.
US $ 250. (CYMCAP Users)
The fees includes tuition, lunches and refreshments. Each participant will receive a set of workshop notes. Upon receipt of your information, a CYME representative will contact you to complete the process. Please note that the prices do not include the applicable taxes. These will be indicated on your invoice.
Workshop: Rating of cables in unfavorable thermal environment and non-standard installations
The purpose of this half-day seminar is to offer a high-end workshop on rating of cables in unfavorable thermal environment and non-standard installations. Curriculum will discuss the tools to overcome specific modeling issues and rate cables for various non standard installations. Several practical examples illustrating real-life rating problems will also be discussed.
- Rating of cables in ventilated tunnels
- Rating of cables in steel casings
- Unusual rating computations
- Rating of cables crossing short sections of unfavorable thermal environments (paved roads, vicinity of trees or shrubs, etc.)
- Rating of cables in unfilled surface troughs
- Modeling issues on the air gap in ducts and pipes
- Cables in sloping ducts
Dr. George J. Anders, Fellow of IEEE
- Overview of published approaches and new developments on cable rating in non-standard installations
- Approaches to rate cables in unfavorable thermal environments
- Experience sharing on unusual rating computations (circuits crossing in duct banks, 90 degree turn cable route, etc.)
- Approaches to address special modeling issues
World expert in the field of ampacity calculations of electric power cables, he published over 50 papers in IEEE Transactions on this subject, wrote 3 books and thought numerous courses on cable rating issues. Dr. Anders is a co-convener of WG19 of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) which develops international standards for cable rating calculations. He is the author of the computational algorithms implemented in the CYMCAP program.
CYMCAP User Forum: Presentation of New Features and Open Forum Discussion
The purpose of this half-day user forum is to present the new features recently implemented in CYMCAP and discuss future developments of interest to the users. The open forum discussion is also an opportunity to get customers’ feedback on CYMCAP features, capabilities and shortcomings discuss possible enhancements to the software.
- Presentation of new features
- Avoiding soil dry-out in non homogeneous media
- Cables in unfilled throughs
- Isothermal contour plots for non homogeneous media
- RTTR: methodology and application
- Future Developments
- Ventilated tunnels
- Circuit crossings, more configurations
- Cable sizing
- Filled casings
- Steel casing
- Open Forum Discussion on CYMCAP
- Overview of new features implemented in CYMCAP
- End-user requests for future developments
- Customers’ feedback on CYMCAP features and capabilities
- Wouleye Kamara, Power Engineer, CYME International (Cooper Power Systems) Mrs. Kamara is a power system engineer and power cables specialist at CYME International T&D since 2007. She is part of the engineering Team developing and enhancing the modeling capabilities of the CYMCAP Cable Ampacity software. Her responsibilities include development, quality assurance, consulting, high-level engineering support and training for major worldwide utilities. She is member of Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec.
- Dr. George J. Anders, Fellow of IEEE See biography above.
Registration Form - Cable Ampacity Workshop and CYMCAP Forum
|European Union, North America, Africa
||Middle East, Asia, Oceania, Russia, Eastern Europe
|Mr. Bert Evangelista
CYME Sales Director
|Mr. Badr Boushel
CYME Sales Engineer
|Mrs. Silvina Sarmiento
CYME Sales Representative
|Tel:||(450) 461-3655, International and Canada
|Tel:||(800) 361-3627, USA and Canada
|Fax:||(450) 461-0966, International and Canada
|Fax:||(781) 229-2336, USA